You're likely here because we've requested to utilize your photo or video across our online marketing channels. We love to see how visitors and residents are enjoying all that the Town of Surfside has to offer. We regularly reach out to users in our area to request additional rights to reproduce images on our website, social media sites and more. Whenever possible, we also include your handle or byline. Thank you for considering sharing your photo or video!
By responding to our request with the hashtag #yesSurfsideFL you are agreeing to the following:
As between you and us, you own all content and information you post or share using our social media channels on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, (referred to as “User Content”), such as posting or sharing comments, photos, and videos.
You give the Town of Surfside permission to use your User Content as follows: you grant to the Town of Surfside a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, modify, and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the Town of Surfside’s social media channels, and for other marketing purposes, including without limitation in Visit Surfside email, website, social media sites and other customer communications, as well as with our Visit Surfside partners. We may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others, and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote Visit Surfside or the Site. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes.
You agree and/or confirm that:
• You own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give Visit Surfside the rights described above;
• You have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and
• Your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason. We may remove User Content from the Site for any reason.
Moderation of Third Party Content
This agency social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content:
• is off-subject or out of context
• contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
• contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
• contains offensive terms that target protected classes
• is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
• incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
• contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
• advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
• promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
Public Records Law
Agency social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to agency business, including communication posted by the Agency and communication received from citizens, is a public record. The Department maintaining the site is responsible for responding completely and accurately to any public records request for social media content.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please feel free to email us at: [email protected]